Philippine Passport Renewal Process 2023

Passport Renewal 2023

I decided to renew my e-passport, and here's what I have experienced. I went online to get an appointment to the nearest site since there were many applicants at the DFA's main office in Pasay City.

The nearest site for me is at SM North Edsa but it is always fully booked. So I tried the other site, and found that there were available slots at SM Manila for the rest of the month. I got the earliest date in the afternoon to be sure I won't be late on my appointment. 

After selecting the schedule, I filled out the all the information to complete the application process. I make sure there is no mistake because the fee for the renewal is non-refundable. At the payment page, I selected Cash, right after that, I received an email with the reference number. I used it to pay the fee at 7-11 convenience store. You will be given 24 hours to pay it. Otherwise the appointment is cancelled.

Once paid, I received a confirmation email with the instructions and documents that need to print and bring on the day of my appointment. The attached documents include the application form, electronic receipt and feedback form.  

The day prior to my scheduled appointment, I already prepared the documents such as the following:

- Old Passport

- Photocopy of the old Passport Information page.

- Photocopy of 1 Valid ID

- Printed copies of the e-receipt (both DFA and Applicants copy)

- Printed copy of the application form 

- 1 Valid ID

The next day, I went at SM Manila to renew my passport. It was my first time going to SM Manila. The mall is just walking distant from the LRT Central Station. The passport renewal office is at the 4th floor of SM Manila. 

When I arrived, I was surprised to see that there were only few people at the waiting area and plenty of seats were available.  

There are 3 steps in the application of passport on this site. Here are the step by step process on this site:

Step 1. The first step is checking of documents. At the waiting area, I went at the back and approached the guy who checksed the papers, he took it and told us to wait to call our name for the next step.

Step 2. Verification.  After 30 minutes, a guy came in and called the names of the applicants to go to the other room. At the verification area, they checked the details on your papers. They also informed you about the scheduled release of your passport. You need to present your old passport and verify your signature. 

Step 3. Encoding and Picture Taking. The last part of the process where they check the members information, get the fingerprint and take the picture. There is a priority lane for the senior citizens. This step took 30 minutes since they must be careful on encoding members information. 

I remember the first time I got a passport, they told me to remove my earrings, so this time, I didn't wear it. I've heard that others who applied for their passport were advised to remove their make up. I think they don't allow a full glam make up. Because I noticed that time, some women wear make up. I also wear light make up (foundation and eyebrows), and the officer didn't bother.

The whole process took an hour to finish, and everything was smooth. They advised to wait for two weeks for the release of my new passport. It will be released on this site as well.  

Take note; If you are in a hurry and want to get your passport right away, you better go to the DFA's main office because most temporary sites do not process urgent passport application / renewal. 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post